Tuesday 19 February 2013

Get up, get on up!

Ok, let me start by saying I do know today is not Sunday the lack of blog writing was down to some very disturbed sleep due to a toothache; not mine but James ( who was very brave and visited the dentist) but here I am ready and raring to go......or something like that

The time has come for the pre holiday exercise regime to start, however it is too cold for nice long walks so the Wii fit board has been dusted off. I did my first session last Tuesday which I enjoyed but oh my god I did suffer the day after as my legs ached sooooo badly and were the cause of much amusement as I winced every time I sat down.

I looked as happy as this:

I wasn't to be put off though so tried it again on Saturday, I tell you those virtual trainers are ruthless as she started the session with I haven't seen you in a while! What? I dread to think how she would have been if I hadn't done it for even longer

So why am I putting myself through this? If you consider that if you walked the distance round World Showcase lagoon you will have walked 1.2 miles; I do a sedentary job so definitely some light exercise before we go is called for

I have had burning calf muscles, sore feet, blisters and so the list goes on by going on holiday with new shoes and expecting them not to rub. I know they are not to everyone's tastes but last year I brought
some crocs flip flops that I walked in 3 to 4 times a week for about six weeks prior to the holiday and
thankfully apart from 1 blister I was trouble free

My tips for this week are:

  • Don't take new shoes
  • Do some walking before hand you don't realise how big the parks are
  • If you feel a blister starting deal with it straight away, each park has a first aid station who can supply you with plasters
I'm off to put my trainers on; not really its too cold tonight but I promise this week I will see my virtual trainer again and hope that I don't get told off

Until next time xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment