Sunday 13 October 2013

All the little things..........

Well Autumn has finally hit this fair land with a bang, this week we've had wind and plenty of rain; and this kind of weather makes you wish that you could go on holiday because at least in Florida the rain is usually warm and once it has thrown it down the sun comes out all over again

And to make matters worse the papers are full of talk of this being a really bad winter; I am sure I saw that it could be the worse winter in 100 years. Me personally I will take that with a pinch of salt because they have problems getting the forecast right for a couple of days time so the ability to forecast that far in advance makes me think someone might have paid a visit to mystic meg!

But back to this week, even though the sun didn't really shine there were bright moments  - James and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary and right on queue I got another email from the lovely wedding team at Disney just reminding me how truly special they could make the big day

I am sure that they are right in what they are saying, I mean everything that Disney does has that special bit of magic to it and a wedding ceremony would be no exception but for me the thing that would make the day for me is sharing it with people I love......which  if we did it at Disney would be James (obviously) and Emmie Lou

Not I've not gone all soft and this blog isn't going to turn into a mills and boon book its just when the chips are down, yes money can buy you things but a hug is priceless; and its the little things in life that make it special

There is magic to be found in Florida; but I think if you go with the mindset that you want/ actually expect something magical to happen it is highly likely that you will miss all of the magic happening around you. Just because it isn't your little piece of magic doesn't mean it isn't!

That's why I love people watching at Disney, yes you seem some pretty odd things - like the 2 families that nearly came to blows over a parade spot (just get there early people it saves lots of aggravation).

Last year while James watched the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular (yawn) at Hollywood Studios I sat in a nice air conditioned shop and had a lovely chat with Em on the phone; but there was loads of commotion in the street so I went outside and watched as a mum was reunited with her daughter who had been serving in the military

So take your time, not just when you are on holiday but also every day to see the little things that make this roller coaster we call life just that little bit more special

xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment