Sunday 27 October 2013

A change is gonna come....

Another week has gone by and we are a week closer to our next trip to the world, apologies about the lack of blogging action last week but we spent a lovely day with family in Portsmouth and I was a very tired little bunny when I got home so it was off to bed for me

So what has happened this past week, well its all been a bit strange.....I am the first to admit hating the unexpected and change and although I couldn't put my finger on it something just felt a little off for me. There have been tears and frustration but I have snapped out of it because after all none of that will make everything just how I want it to be so I just need to go with the flow

The question is if I can realise that now why can't I just live by my own advice? We have been going to Florida now for 15 years and the amount of rides I go on is quite limited because I don't like not being in control or the unexpected............I'm the person you see sitting there guarding the bags or taking the photo's of the rides (here's one of those shots - Expedition Everest from near Kali Rivier Rapids)

I have asked loads of questions on different Disney forums about ride advice for wimps and I still get no closer to conquering the completely irrational thoughts that go around in my head; I mean if a 6 year old can ride Splash Mountain why can't I?

Well next year (we will soon be able to say this year) I have promised Emmie Lou that I will do Splash Mountain with her; I'm going to try and gloss over the fact that I might have said that I needed to start taking my kalms now in preparation for it.

After all I think a lot of my thoughts are caused by apprehension and also the warning signs they post by the rides; now don't get me wrong I understand Disney are erring on the side of caution but for those of a nervous disposition they are like a red rag to a bull.

But saying that, we queued for about 30 minutes the first time we did Soarin and I was anxious all of that, then I read the warning signs and was already to head for the chicken exit where I would wait for James but no; I got on that ride and now rank it as one of my favourite things to do whilst we are there

So the whole point of this blog......a change is gonna come and we had just better hang on tight for the ride! xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment