Monday 1 December 2014

A long time to go....

I honestly can't believe that we have been back for just over 2 1/2 weeks and as of yet we haven't booked to return; fear not I am not disillusioned with visiting Walt Disney World but there are a couple of reasons for this decision:

Firstly, because we went later in the year than normal it's pretty hard to save enough money in 3 months to pay for it after all a trip to Florida isn't exactly a cheap option (a lottery win could change all of that though and trust me I have everything crossed for that)

Secondly as I mentioned last week there is currently quite a bit of work going on at my happy place and although it doesn't make it any less amazing I really would like to go back when there is less going on (I know that there will always be work as the parks are always evolving)

So, what can I do until that time comes around - well ramble on to all you nice people about our holiday and how fantastic it was.....actually I thought I might save you that and instead what I thought I might do this week was talk about our experience with Fastpass +

As we stayed onsite we were able to book our fast passes 60 days prior to our holiday (at stupid o'clock). The actual process is quite easy, you pick your rides from the list and then Disney gives you some options for times - but you don't have to take them; instead select an option and save it and then you can go in and amend them so that you have a plan that works for you

But it doesn't stop there because if you want to change your plans prior to leaving as long as the ride/ time is available you can change it; my only advice would be to take a screen shot or a print out of your plans as when we arrived the system was down and if we had fast passes booked there would be no way of proving this

We booked the majority of our fast passes for the morning but after a few days there we realised that we didn't always need to be at the parks for the start of  our Fastpass window; after all it was good for an hour (this was genius because it meant we got a bit of a lay in on some mornings plus we got to one of our test track rides about a minute before it expired and could still ride - I didn't know I could walk that quick!)

We also had a a ride go down that we had a Fastpass for, now if this happens Disney will email you giving you some other ride options for you to use your Fastpass on which is good for the day - the only down side is that you need to have access to email during your time at the parks which for those who like to completely switch off from the outside world whilst on holiday must be a bit of a downer

Did we use all of our fast passes that we had booked, no. we had a couple of duplicates which we didn't use but as well as that there were times that we took the opportunity to ride something even though we had a Fastpass for later in the holiday because the queue times were short

I know that the system will continue to evolve and probably by the time we go back it won't even resemble what we used this time. The strangest advantage of Fastpass plus is that we did less criss crossing of the park - we were still averaging walking between 5 and 8 miles a day but I am quite sure it would have been far more with the old system

I'm off to look at our holiday pictures and ponder if it's acceptable to wear mouse ears at work xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment