Sunday 14 April 2013

Are you hungry?

I am sure you are dying to know, but I got a phone YAY! One less thing for me to worry about; it may not be the most up to date handset but at least it works and I know can be used in the US

This week we had the joy of our tickets arriving (can't believe I didn't notice them behind the door so they only got spotted this morning), which means that the holiday is now fast approaching....in one way this is really exciting but also slightly nerve racking; I just love to worry about things.

So now is the time to catch up on my podcast listening to get me into the right mood; I have a few staples that I like and you will always find episodes from the Dis Unplugged, the Disney Food Blog, the Dibbcast and also WDWradio on my iPod. One of the few pleasures of working on my own is that I can listen to them whilst at work and the added bonus that because people can hear voices they think that I have someone in there with me so they leave me alone.

There is a downside though, I end up with post it notes everywhere with more things to research and as James doesn't possess a single planning gene in his body I guess that it will be me doing it then; although there is an advantage to this - if I want to do it its on the plan.

This week one of the podcasts was about the quick service dining plan, which we have; so we have discussed which quick service places we will visit....which led me to thinking is the dining plan worth the money?


I have decided that this year we will keep all of our receipts and work out what we might have spent if we had paid out of pocket to see if there is a saving; as there are rumours that next year Disney might not be offering free dining. But I have one nagging question; how can a UK travel company charge £35 per person but Disney be selling it for $37 - what is that all about?

But really is the Dining plan a good thing, we will get 2 quick service meals a day, one snack and a refillable resort mug and that is a whole lot of food; as the 2 quick service meals will include a main course, drink and dessert and then on top of that you also have your snack credit (frozen coke for me please). For me that is too much food, who eats desserts with both lunch and dinner (I know James will put his hand up to being able to do this) now if they offered me fruit I would be a happy girl.....

One thing I won't turn down though is a visit to Katsura Grill.....which works for me as the dessert is green tea ice cream so it will be easy to say no....now a mickey premium bar on the other hand.......





No comments:

Post a Comment