Sunday 10 November 2013

Holidays are coming.....

Last night it became official that the holiday season is finally upon us (even though its a whole six weeks away) when the Coca Cola christmas ad hit our tv screens; I know its sad but I love it and I think from the comments on my facebook page last night I am not alone.

Working in retail its hard to get excited about Christmas when we start working on it so early but I did manage it while doing a little bit of holiday research; oh my goodness this is looking like one very busy holiday for us next year.

We knew we were going to be there to see the Halloween decorations but there was a big question mark over us being able to see the Castle Dream Lights or the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing lights but it would appear the Disney gods had been listening to my random thoughts and the internet was full of info

This year the Halloween parties finished on November 2nd and the first Xmas party took place on the  8th with all of the decorations in place on Main Street and to top it off someone posted a video of the holiday version of the Celebrate the Magic projection show which end with the dream lights......poor Emmie Lou has received loads of texts from me this week where my excitement is hardly contained

Normally James and I don't really plan to much, we have even been known to change our minds at the hotel bus stop about where we are going but I think next year is going to be a bit different with all of the things taking place while we are there and I want to make sure Em gets to see everything she wants to 

So here is the dilemma, do I go full on planning and become even more OCD than normal with a laminated plan with each day planned with military precision (you know the type even the toilet breaks are scheduled) or do we make a list of things that we must do and ensure these are crossed off which I am sure will make the holiday a whole lot more enjoyable?

Personally I think we are going to have to go for the latter as its the little things that always throw a spanner in the works - like James saying he needs to go to a shop in world showcase and walking the long way round or Emmie Lou clearing a shelf of cuddly toys and having to forcably remove them from her (I have my eye on you young lady!)

What would be on my list.....of course Wishes, Soarin, the Castle Dream Lights, Philharmagic; actually I am now beginning to wonder if it wouldn't be easier to say what I dont want to do - on that thought I'm off to dig out some park maps and ponder.....until next time xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment