Monday 9 December 2013

Ok so I'm a little late....

Today is not Sunday, so what am I doing here.....well yesterday I had every intention of writing this weeks post but I was so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open Sod's law as soon as I get into bed I was wide awake and I struggled to get to sleep at all so I should be grateful that James forgot to change the alarm so I got an unexpected lay in (how confused have I been today, waking up that quick really threw me)

So what am I also late for.....thanksgiving; yes I know we don't celebrate it here but I think we should - after all we should never be to busy to be thankful either for something that someone has done or just for having that special person in your life 

Last week I got nominated for an award at work by a store manager which was really sweet, but the last thing I expected was to get picked as a winner because I was just doing my job - but I now have a certificate hanging on my wall saying colleague of the year 2013 (and if I do say so myself it's a pretty cool certificate; I did a good job there - I promise I didn't create an award for myself it's just part of my job is to make the certificates for regional awards)

A little thank you can go a long way,  whether thanking a person who holds a door open for you (my parents taught me good manners) or recognising someone is doing a good job. There is a lot we can learn from the Americans about service and recognition, especially the Disney company after all the US government sent some of their customs teams to view their training (they still scare me though - they have guns and everything)

So, I still have Christmas and birthday shopping left to do and I definitely need to pack my patience when I go out to do it (now I just need to get the love of my life to give me some ideas....yes that's you mr marchant) and remember my own advice and say thank you for good service and be thankful that I have the people I love to spend my time with 

I'm off to make sure the alarm is set for the right time tomorrow, sorry for the short blog this week xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment