Sunday 29 December 2013

At least no one lost their marbles....

Ok I failed, I promised to try and blog last week but as I said it was the blokes birthday Sunday which kind of took priority; I did consider doing it Monday but what with working in a supermarket and the freaky weather we had it never materialised but I'm here now full of my usual random thoughts.......

So James had a birthday, one of those milestone ones (my lovely toy boy turned 40); a while ago in one of our normal off the wall conversations he mentioned that as soon as you turn 40 you lose your marbles - well that comment stuck with me considering I'm older than him! Guess what he got for his first birthday present - yep marbles; worryingly though I'm not sure I have seen them since the big day so maybe he was right (sometimes this happens you know)
The days are finally ticking down on not only our holiday countdown but also 2013's days are numbered; this year has had some fantastic highs including a bonus trip to Walt Disney World, my £2 wedding ring being replaced with a tiffany silver band, spending precious moments with my amazing family and friends - and so the list could go on

As for work I can definitely say I am happy that 2013 is coming to an end, it's been a tough year where colleagues who I have worked with for years left the business and everything changed; although there have been a couple of high points - being voted colleague of the year made me quite emotional (but as Emmie Lou would tell you that's not difficult considering tv programmes also have the same effect). I have everything crossed (including my eyes) that 2014 will be a little easier, although working in retail you can never tell...

What else happened in 2013, well as this is a blog normally based around my love of all things Disney World lets cover some of the highlights:
- Disney launched the my Disney Experience app to help you plan your holiday
- Magic bands were announced and are currently being trialled, the band replaces the Key to the World card and can act as your room key, be used for charging, is your park ticket, holds your Fastpass reservations and can be used as your photopass
- Merida from Brave became the 11th Disney princess
- A talking Mickey Mouse began greeting guests at Magic Kingdom (is it wrong that I can't wait to see this in person?)
- And my favourite - glow with the show ears came to WDW (some of these are coming home with me even if I have to wear them home on the plane)
What Disney dreams are coming for 2014 - well the biggest one to think of is that Bungle, Emmie Lou and I are returning and today we reached a milestone and finally managed to view our reservation on the Disney app as well as pick up our airline log in code; yay!!!!(I keep logging in just to see it there)

As for park news apart from the opening of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster and the ongoing work creating Avatar land who knows what is going to happen; all I do know is that it will be magical.

So as the clock ticks slowly by all that's left to do is wish you a happy new year, here's to a good one xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment