Monday 14 April 2014

A snowman and 22 wheels....

Easter is nearly here and for a change it looks like the weather is not going to be to better than it has been for a while and we might even see some sun (don't blame me if it doesn't happen I am going by the weather report) but as Emmie Lou and James will tell you I have had snow on my mind all week and have been singing do you want to build a snowman from Frozen at every available opportunity

Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous and I took the opportunity to go for a nice long walk, catching up on my podcasts along the way; I just have one problem I have nearly caught up with them all and now wondering how I am going to get my Disney fix? I already have a Disney playlist on my ipod so I guess I could rely on that; the only thing is people are like what are you listening to when they come into the office and the music from Finding Nemo the musical is playing.....just go with the flooooowwww

So what have I done this week, as I have explained plenty of times I have an aversion to flying but I do have a love of planes it still amazes me how they work; so after hearing the worlds biggest plane has started flying into Gatwick I just had to see one for myself (sad I know)

Instead of a fun filled Sunday evening where James watched sport on TV (which is only slightly better than top gear) we collected Emmie Lou and took a trip to Gatwick, we probably looked complete nerds sitting in the car on the top level of the car park but it was the perfect viewing point and although the thought on flying on something that huge freaks me out completely it was an amazing sight to see

For some reason being a bit inquisitive I decided I needed to know some facts about this monster of a plane so there I was looking it up on my phone as we made the journey home; an A380 has 41% more cabin space than a 747 and has 22 wheels; yep 22 wheels!!!


And then we come to the interesting stuff, if the plane is divided into economy, business class and first class it would carry 525 passengers; but if it was all economy it would seat 825, yes you read that right 825 people. Can you imagine the queue in immigration if you are one of the last off. 

Last year our flight came in shortly after another UK one and I think it took us 2 hours to clear, but this isn't always the case and once we were out of the airport within 45 minutes.....just remember you musn't use your phone or take pictures inside the immigration hall; they take this really seriously

Anyway the other thing I found out is which airlines have ordered A380's and Virgin Atlantic is one of them who we normally travel with; there are lots of rumours circulating the net that they will use them on the Orlando routes so that they only have to operate one flight a day instead of the 2. This is only a rumour at this stage but I guess I might just have to get used to the fact that one day I might fly on one of these amazing planes

Until next week xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment