Sunday 6 April 2014

I never would have said that......

It's a rainy Sunday evening here in Kent, with rubbish tv; so what can I do......I know I will watch a film and what could be better than a little bit of Disney to make everything better. This week Disneys biggest grossing film of all time Frozen came out on DVD and it seemed right that I finally got to see what the hype was all about....

I have to say I really enjoyed it, is was fun spotting all of the little secrets that they hid in it for the Disney nerds, although I admit I missed Rapunzal and Flynn the first time but did spot a hidden mickey.....it is classic Disney at its best with some great characters and will probably become a favourite
This week I also watched Sky's Disneys Greatest Moments and I have to say I was a little bit surprised and maybe even disappointed at the number 1; I'm not saying it isn't a great  moment but it definitely wouldn't have made my top ten

So what would........ actually lets go for my top five as we could be here all night while I argue in my head about the pro 's and cons of each one

Number 5 would have to be - this is going to be so hard.....I think the ballroom scene in Beauty and the Beast; for an animated film of its time the detail in that scene is phenomenal and I think this is the film that saw Disney getting back to its best.

Number 4: the scene in Up when you see the story of Carl Fredrickson and his wife its sad and beautiful at the same time; a real tear jerker

Number 3: something from the Little Mermaid (I can't quite put my finger on a particular bit and my opinion is probably based on the Little Mermaid scene during Philharmagic but as this is my blog who is going to tell me I can't pick a whole film!)

Number 2: The last bit of Toy Story 3, where Andy gives his toys to Bonnie - I know its not real (honest) but it gets me everytime (and can I just say I love the peas from TS3, in Florida I saw some giant peas in a pod in the Disney store but James told me I wouldn't get them in the suitcase so I never ended up buying them but this year Peatey, Peatrice and Peanelope are coming home with me - just in case you think I may have lost it I haven't named the peas Disney has!)

So what is my number 1 moment - this bit from the film makes me laugh everytime I watch it and I have to say not only is this my favourite moment but it also comes from my favourite film.....I love something small and sometimes green; nope not Kermit the frog but Pascal from Tangled
It's the bit when he sticks his tongue in Flynn's ear (Emmie Lou we both know Flynn is really Jon Knight don't we?)

And that is the great thing about Disney; there is something for everyone, whether you are talking about films, characters, theme parks, resorts or rides - after all it would be a very boring world if we were all the same.

Until next week xxxx






No comments:

Post a Comment