Monday 5 May 2014

Time goes by so slowly......

I am not the most patient of people so to tell me I've  got to sit down for over nine hours unless I have plenty to keep me occupied I would be bouncing in my seat asking are we there yet after about 2 hours (ok I admit it I do this anyway but this is probably after 6 hours)

So what to do....thankfully in flight entertainment is far removed from when I first started flying when you had screens overhead and you all watched the same thing; now each person has their own tv and even this has moved on from it being on a loop to the entertainment system being on demand for all passengers including games (as long as it's working that is!)
But what else can you do.....pre the increased security I have done cross stitch and even seen one women knitting but sadly you can't take any type of craft needle on board (as long as I get there safely who am I to complain). I've done colouring as I find this quite relaxing, but I did get a few odd looks; what adults can't colour?

A good book is a great distraction but you have to decide if you want to take up your precious hand luggage space with a book; and then there is technology -iPads, Nintendo ds and lots of other choices.....but basically it comes down to personal choice.

Not having personal experience I can't even contemplate how to entertain little people on flights (this is just my opinion but letting them run up and down the aisles isn't exactly an acceptable way to entertain them) but I'm sure all of the things I have mentioned so far would work with a little person after all the average 4 year old is probably more tech savvy than most adults

For the last couple of years the sky map has been my salvation and I have spent hours watching the little plane moving across the screen getting closer to our destination, that and irritating James as that's always good fun for me

But what will I do myself this year; well this year I have 2 people who I can irritate.....seriously I have found a way to craft that doesn't involve needles or my trusty hotfix which is Kumihimo; a form of Japanese braiding.....I can quite happily sit and do it for ages as it's pretty mind numbing - so people don't expect a gift from Disney this year you are going to get a handmade braid (only joking)
Until next week

xxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment