Sunday 16 December 2012

All I want for Christmas.......

There are only 8 days left to complete this years Christmas shopping and I am seriously beginning to think that I need to start next years on December 27th as I can't be doing with all the crowds

And sometimes even though I am in the most magical place on earth at Walt Disney World there are definitely times when I just need a break from the crowds; so where can you find peace and quiet in a theme park? If you promise not to tell a soul I will share some of my special places

To my favourite park first Magic Kingdom although it is not your traditional spot for peace and quiet there is nothing better than taking a time out on the TTA, its a chance to get away from the hustle and bustle and people watch and even better if its not too busy you can repeat ride.

At Epcot, World Showcase is full of great spots including the outside seating area of the Katsura Grill or the garden behind the UK pavilion, I spent a very relaxing half hour there this year catching up with everyone at home while eating my chips from the Yorkshire County fish shop

Animal Kingdom is a bit harder and we didn't discover this spot until a couple of years ago but we always head there now to either eat our lunch or just stop and drink a frozen coke; there is a lovely veranda overlooking the tree of life opposite Flights on Wonder just be prepared though to share your space with ducks, lots of ducks (fingers crossed that by the next time we go they have fixed the overhead fans as it can get a bit steamy!)

And finally Hollywood Studios, I would say this is my least favourite park as far as attractions go - Indiana Jones and Lights, Motors, Action bore me to tears so whilst James goes and gets his hit of testosterone I can be found chilling out with a frozen drink in the Writers Stop; fingers crossed this is not the spot that Disney have earmarked to become one of their Starbucks locations otherwise I can kiss that one goodbye





With no xfactor tonight I will be found fighting with the wrapping paper and Sellotape, bah humbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment