Wednesday 26 December 2012

So this is Christmas

It's finally here, Christmas 2012 - for those of us who work in retail we have been building up to the big day since about .....erm May; so you could kind of say I am sooo over it.

I had a fantastic day with my family yesterday; mum and dad were gracious hosts as always and mum, dad and Emma cooked an incredible meal but with all that fabulous food it was a little windy in our house last night.

Our day included:
  • Presents - fabulous and spoilt as always
  • Eating too much
  • Rubbish on TV
  • Eating too much
  • Bad jokes in crackers
  • And eating too much
As always I did manage to sneak a bit of Disney magic into the day and persuaded my parents that we needed to watch Tangled on TV - this is Rapunzal at the Disney Princess Parade in London
I would have to say this is one of my favourite Disney films - it doesn't take itself too seriously and contains enough jokes to keep adults entertained; my dad has decided he wants to rename himself Maximus (do you see where I get it from?)

During the day I kept an eye on Facebook for updates from Phil, Ben and Emma who are out there now (for those of you who don't know who they are I mentioned them in a previous blog as they make the best holiday videos ever!). And I wasn't disappointed when they posted an amazing picture of the castle all lit up with the dream lights.

Of all the park icons the castle has to be my favourite, no matter what the weather or how busy the park is the castle still has the ability to make me smile.

There is definitely a must have photo - in front of the castle is the hub; basically a wheel and spoke arrangement that leads you off to the different lands in the park. In the middle is a beautiful flower garden with small bronze sculptures of Disneys best loved characters but the highlight has to be the partners statue which when framed by the castle looks magical.

This is a large sculpture of Walt and Mickey holding hands because after all; it all started with a mouse. I am sure if I looked back through all the photo's I have taken over the years there would be one from each visit.....so here's to next time and adding more familiar memories




No comments:

Post a Comment