Sunday 10 March 2013

A tale of two halves....

This week has been a tale of two halves, don't worry I won't be talking about sport in the blog; I'll leave that to James. This is about my all things Walt Disney World obsession, at times it can seem like there is nothing else in my life but when I look at the bigger picture it really isn't that bad at all...

Shall I explain, this week we had a week off work which was lovely and gave us time to catch up on our housework (we know how to live) but also catch up with the important people in our lives plus take a trip to London.

Poor James, me and Emma were happy to browse bead shops while James sat and read twitter; the highlight of the day was when we found Earl of Sandwich (which just happens to be my favourite eatery at Downtown Disney) actually we didn't just find it this was one of the reasons for me wanting to go. Sadly they don't yet have the holiday sandwich on the menu yet (which is going to be available all year), so I had soup

I have raved about their chocolate brownies since last year, so to find they were on the menu at the London branch I was a woman on a mission to show Emma that they really are the best brownies in the world.

I had seen so many threads on my Disney forums about them that while we were there last year I decided I had to try one. There was just one problem; I think the americans have a lot to learn about making decent chocolate so to see that they use Ghiardelli's chocolate chunks I knew I was in for a treat and they really don't disappoint; these brownies are packed full of chocolate and chewy and gooey all at the same time.
Brownie heaven:


So, yes I do have an obsession because any normal person would not have walked past a million and one places to eat just to find what to those who have never eaten at the EoS would think it is just an upmarket branch of Subway. But then again......

This week the Disney forums have been over run with talk about the opening of.....wait for it......some new restrooms?!?!?!?!? Admittedly the new Tangled themed restrooms in Fantasyland (near It's a Small World) do look incredible; the detail is amazing but its just a restroom people you all need to calm down.

There have been countdowns to the opening and so much speculation about what was behind the walls, one thread on a forum was about 26 pages long! At the end of the day as long as the restrooms are clean, have toilet paper in them and the gap around the door isn't 6 inches wide I am happy....

Don't even get me started about the gap in the toilet doors, what is that all about??????

No comments:

Post a Comment