Sunday 31 March 2013

All sit down, all sit down.....

Today is one of those very odd days when routine goes completely out of the window because shock horror the shops dare to shut for a whole day what with it being Easter Sunday; so as with every year we spend hours deciding what we can do......when James says why don't we go to Heathrow

So off we went for a little drive, well a drive and had a quick mooch around terminal five and watched the odd plane or two come into land. As I have said before I am not a fan of flying so have to work myself up to it.....or find enough to keep me occupied for at least 8 hours

Thankfully an email dropped into my inbox yesterday which helped, I love Mkingdons trip reports on the Dibb and he has gone and put them into a book which is now available on amazon which was promptly downloaded.

Mkingdon's Tales of Family, Food and Florida.
Craig Williams
£5.98


You can find the book here!  Fingers crossed this works as it has been temperamental (if not just search amazon for Mkingdon)

My plan is to read it on the flight; there is just one problem....sometimes I find myself laughing out loud which brings me to the thought of the week

What is considered acceptable behaviour before or on a flight?

There have been endless discussions on forums about to recline or not to recline; quite honestly I am not fussed either way....what does peeve me though is someone who reclines their seat and then bounces in it like the young man on our flight home in 2009.....I mean how could he not know I was sitting behind him?????

We also had an experience on a flight when we were in a row of 3 when the lady closest to the aisle took a tablet for a headache which promptly knocked her out; we were physically climbing over her to go to the toilet and not once did she stir so we now either pick a set of 2 seats right at the back of the plane (no on to disturb but you are last off) or fly on an A330 which has a 2-4-2 configuration (thats whats showing for our outbound flight this year)

View from the window:


The thing you have to remember about a flight to Orlando is that there will be children on board who may be a little excited, they may run up and down the aisle, they may even sing the theme song to the Power Rangers really loud because they forget they have headphones on but these little people are just as excited as you they just don't have the ability to hide it that well; who am I kidding I spend the whole flight checking the sky map just to see if we are there yet

There are some obvious things that shouldn't even have to be said like:
- When they start boarding they do it by row, don't rush to the gate and then complain that everyone is getting on before you....your seat will still be there
- Please remember someone else will probably want to use the toilet after you, so leave it as you would want to find it

There is a very tongue in cheek thread about this on the Dibb, which is titled Just for fun - a code of conduct for air travellers

The thing to remember is that the flight is less than 10 hours of your life and what comes at the end of it is a lifetime of memories, and just in case if you hear a lady laughing out loud on your future flight I apologise in advance as it just might be me

No comments:

Post a Comment