Monday 15 July 2013

I'm melting....

Us Brits are obsessed with the weather but we are never happy with what we have; when its cold we want the sun and when we get it we complain its too warm.....I love the heat while we are on holiday because there is always (well apart from seaworld) somewhere to take a break in the air conditioning.

Over here doing the day to day stuff is not so easy - its too warm to eat and definitely too warm to get a decent nights sleep; and what happens when I get tired I get the munchies and want to eat everything and anything (well stuff that I like that is). But I have been resisting the temptation and eating loads of salad and fruit; so was very miffed that I am not dropping pounds at a rate of knots

So I have been sitting here and thinking of all the yummy food I could have eaten instead and maybe I might not have minded no weight loss. First thing on my list would be an Earl of Sandwich brownie; now it just so happens that this week I have got to go to head office which is within walking distance of the London store (would have been better if our head office was in Florida) but I might just have to pop in and pick one up (then it will be rabbit food for the next 2 weeks to make up for the heavenly naughtiness that it is)

As for work every day seems to have turned into casual Friday for me (I don't have to wear the standard uniform), with cropped trousers the norm....but with the temperature only going to go up soon I am going to run out of suitable clothing and although I will wear shorts in Florida I really don't think work is ready for that sight - or is it that I'm not ready for them to see it and the only reason I wear them on holiday is because I'm not going to  bump into anyone that knows me?

Do other people feel like this? The reason I ask is because of the sights you see while you are on holiday; well not even on holiday whenever the weather is warm....last week we had a young lady come in to do her food shopping in a bikini with a sarong over it?!?!?  I mean, what is that all about?

Whether I get the answer he thinks I want to hear I will always check with James if what I am wearing looks ok and is appropriate for where we are going but I am sure some people lose their modesty radar when it gets warm; so think of me tomorrow when I am on a course where the dress code is casual and budgie smugglers have been mentioned - I'm scared

With that thought in my mind I think I need to hit the kalms to get me through the day

Until next week xxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment