Sunday 7 July 2013

Warm enough for you?

English strawberries are in season, Andy Murray has won Wimbledon and I have seen so much sunburn its unreal.....which can mean only one thing; the longed for summer has finally arrived  and us Brits and that includes me will now spend our time complaining that its too warm

Which makes no sense considering we spend (ok not every one just us WDW addicts)  counting down the days until we can step off the plane and feel the heat of the Florida sun again. So the trick is how to enjoy the sun but stay cool????

I will say I am much better at this these days after a bout of sun stroke which totally came out of no where and probably wasn't helped by the lovely lemon drink James got me to try and cool me down; even the thought of drinking cloudy lemonade now makes me come over all a bit funny (more than normal that is)

So first things first drink loads preferably clear liquids most counter service restaurants in WDW will give you a glass of iced water; I really hate the taste of Florida water so we take flavour sachets to the park or even better a mini and I mean mini flavour bottle ( Walmart has a great range of these, other major supermarkets are available)

Or you could always grab a frozen coke or 2

There are so many other tips out there:
- take advantage of the air conditioned shops for a quick cool down
- take a damp flannel in a zip lock bag and place it on the back of your neck
- take ride on Kali River rapids if you fancy getting soaking wet
- apparently wearing 2 tops works, first you wear a vest like top and then your normal one; the vest top should absorb the moisture from your body which in turn will keep you cool

If none of that works, what about one of these?

Another good tip is to go to the parks early, hit all of the major rides then take a trip back to the hotel for a dip in the pool or just time to relax before heading back to the park in the evening.

But I think the best tip ever is listen to your body, if it all feels like its getting a bit too much take a time out. I totally get that people have been planning their holiday for what seems like forever and it could derail your plans for a little while but not taking a break could mean you are out of action for a whole lot longer (god I actually sound like a grown up)

In the past we have done the 4 parks in one day thing and although I wouldn't rule out doing it again I   now know when to give in; hmmmm I just remembered my temper tantrum that I had on our first day this year be cause we were both shattered and decided we weren't going to see Wishes......it's the law you have to go so go we did!

Well I'm off for a cold shower, until next time xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment