Sunday 28 July 2013

They say money can't buy happiness

This week I had a night out with the girls from work, where there was a long conversation about a Mulberry handbag which my boss had (well spotted Nicola Claire - now all you've got to do is read this to know I mentioned you again!) - half of the room was saying it was worth every penny and the other half thought it was an incredible amount of money to spend on what they considered to be just a bag

My views on it, it was gorgeous and if spending all your hard earned cash on a handbag makes you happy then good on you; personally I would rather spend all my money going on holiday (well not all of it but I will do what I have to, to make it happen)

Every year I hear the same thing from people at work, "you must earn loads to be able to go to Disney every year". Well no actually but I obviously have different priorities in life than you and would rather save my money and have a really nice holiday than go out every weekend and have nothing to show for my hard earned cash.

So can money really buy you happiness? I would say yes and I have the evidence to prove it.....I hate having my photo taken with a passion and have spent years avoiding it with great skill; but every year I have my photo taken in WDW (and there doesn't always have to be a character involved and I don't mean James in the annual amusing hat photo) and in each one I can see genuine happiness
See what I mean......smiling happy me (and the camera lens is still in one peice); I have had a thought though yes WDW is my happy place but is my happiness rating affected by things that are within my control? I mean would I be happier if I had planned my holiday to within an inch of its life so that I could tick off everything I wanted to do or am I just as happy taking my time enjoying the sights and sounds and doing half of the things I planned to?

I guess that is the advantage of being a UK visitor that we usually go for longer than the average US guest so we have the option of going back for the things we missed and can even make return trips to our favourite attractions. 

My opinion if you haven't already guessed is that money can buy happiness as long as you know what makes you happy and mine just happens to be this view (the picture below)......I'm off to count the pennies in my piggy bank until next week  xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment