Sunday 22 September 2013

How long? How big?!!!!!!!

This week I, and what felt like 50 million others awaited the release of Ios7; apples latest operating software (I love my gadgets me - either that or as I have previously said I am easily pleased).

So there I was poised at 6pm on Wednesday, I must have been lucky as I managed to do my phone with little or no wait but my ipad now that was a whole other story.....I pressed update and the little cogs started turning and this must have been the point that the rest of the world also decided they were going to start their updates as the time remaining went from 4 minutes to download it to 26 hours in a nano second

I pondered what to do for about, actually I didn't ponder I just decided that the world wasn't going to end if I didn't update it then and there and decided that there was better things to do with my time; like play with my phone and see what the fuss was all about. After you get used to the new look - it has been described as looking like a fisher price toy there are some really nice new features which make it far easier to use.

After a quick play I went back to my not updated ipad and started searching the internet for a short break, an odd occurrence is happening shortly when both James and I are off at the same time ( and he has no fire brigade commitments or courses either - I feel honoured)

There is just one problem, it's not like we can do what others do and hop on a plane to somewhere in Europe for a short break and that's all because of me. I have this irrational dislike of little planes, no I don't understand it either! I will happily fly on an airbus a330 or a 747 but I can't bring myself to go on a little plane (in my head bigger is better ;-) )

I realise this is very odd, why do I think that a big plane can fly any better than a small plane as I happily fly to Orlando (maybe happily is a bit of an over statement) ; or is it just that I haven't been on one for probably ten years; and don't even get me started on the incident in Jersey when it looked like our plane was a propellor one!!!!

Every day I watch planes of all sizes fly over my house and don't think anything about it, but the little ones are not for me! So we, well me really has been spending my time trying to find a short break in the UK which is not as easy as you would think....we did find availability at centre parcs but that appears to have gone because I dithered so long so it's back to the drawing board

So if anyone knows of something we can do that doesn't involve little planes or needing a bank loan let me know xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment