Sunday 1 September 2013

A little bit of what makes you happy.....

I am watching my countdown decrease daily but it is going way too slowly for my liking and what with how tough work has been lately my mood hasn't been the best so I have been pulling out all the stops to find those things that are like a little ray of sunshine

There are obvious things like my family who no matter how bad things are will always be there for me and will try their hardest to make everything ok but when the going gets tough me and Reese Witherspoon have to spend an evening together
So I cracked out Sweet Home Alabama, as after all what wouldn't lift my mood than watching the most romantic proposal EVER! James you need to pay attention here, I know you love Star Wars but a proposal in Tiffany's is way better.....however bless her cottons Reese failed me this time

Onto plan B, I turn on the soundtrack to Wishes which normally acts quicker than you can say Jiminy Cricket and will make me smile like the Cheshire Cat but this was some proper gloomy mood that would even rival Eyeore for the grumps.....I kept expecting to see a little grey cloud hovering above my head raining just on me
But there was salvation in a place I was least expecting it, I had a day with the girls on Friday firstly Nic and her little people who always make me smile and as always there was a classic one liner when Niamh told me I didn't need school uniform as I'm not a kid anymore.....maybe I don't look like a kid but I am definitely a child at heart

And then I finished the day with an evening with Emma and Ariel, oh my god I couldn't believe that Emmie Lou had never seen the Little Mermaid (which I hear is being rereleased on Monday). James said he didn't want to watch it but secretly he was......anyway what was it that lifted my mood; when the song part of your world came on just for that brief minute I was transported to Philharmagic when Ariel puts her hands out - totally my wow moment and a very welcome pick me up
So, a new week is here and I am ready for whatever the world is going to throw at me but whatever happens be gentle with me!!! Walt Disney said "I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter"

Until next week xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment