Sunday 12 January 2014

All change, and time to do the happy dance....

What a week it has been, not only personally but over the pond at Disney World; it would appear that January is a time for change and it's going to happen whether I like it or not! So I have decided just for a short while at least I am going to behave like the grown up I supposedly am and embrace it (we shall see how long that lasts)
The change here isn't happening in my personal life, but work life where my boss is leaving - well not leaving but moving to a different region; tomorrow I meet my new boss so its best behaviour for me and try and I will be trying my hardest to at least appear a little bit sane (there is no hope but I can try)

I kind of knew that this was going to happen, well to be honest it was inevitable but it was still a bit of a shocker when it was announced (especially when the big boss let the cat out of the bag before the people who worked for him knew ooooppps!)

Over in the most magical place on earth when they do change they do it big, this week we have seen the closure of Camp Minnie Mickey at Animal Kingdom and no sooner had that happened but they started work on its replacement -Avatar Land; I personally haven't seen the film but when Disney puts their mind to it I am sure they will create something breathtaking.

As well as that this week saw the last performance of the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade, which is quite sad; I have loads of memories of sitting on the sidewalk on Main Street watching the parade go by and also some great character pictures - but I am equally excited to see the new parade when we go later this year especially with Disney putting out some sneak peak photos of the new floats
The other news of the week, there I was happily reading the Dibb when I noticed a thread which mentioned someone who goes 2 days later than us had already customised their Magic Band; cue much excitement from me....but when I open my app and the option is no where to be seen?

Not to be put off I loaded up the website, and low and behold I could do it; poor Emmie Lou got a very excited phone call from me cause I wanted to make sure I got the colour and name right on it; doing that for some reason has made the holiday seem very real (don't tell anyone but I took a picture of the page once I'd done it just so I could show people - and I routinely log in to make sure they are still as we have chosen)

So what's next for my holiday planning, well it's only about 8 months and I can start selecting fastpasses; it doesn't get any better. Well I've had enough excitement for the week so I'm off, take care xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment