Tuesday 28 January 2014

The wheels on the bus go round and round xxx

Well what a week it has been, I thought I was never going to be able to squeeze blogging in; what with being poorly and work being totally mental - but I am finally here 

Yesterday I had to go to a meeting for work at the other side of Kent, now for those who don't know I don't drive and have to rely on either public transport or very kind souls (like Emmie Lou and James) to come and rescue me every so often

I was up early and on the bus before most sensible people were even stirring from their beds, yes I did say bus and not train as for this particular journey it is the most direct, least time and cheapest option but it still takes me an hour and 50 minutes to do the journey

I go ready prepared with my iPhone full of lovely disney podcasts to listen to (at least they drown out the hoards of school kids who also get the bus) and settle down for the journey

My favourite type of bus journey has to be on a Disney bus, I love watching them pull up with their destination displayed on the front because you just know that you are one step closer to the magic! (I know I'm sad, I mean how can you get excited about a bus journey)

When we first started going to WDW the drivers often imparted their Disney knowledge but also were the starting point of a lot of rumours - like the monorail expansion; these days you have an automated spiel that tells you a little bit about the park and then plays music themed to your destination. For example as you pull in the Magic Kingdom bus depot the Mickey Mouse Club March starts to play

The bus service is usually pretty reliable however Disney advise giving yourself an hour for travel between your resort and the park, as at some resorts the bus could make multiple stops before heading of to a park. The other thing to note is how busy they can get, you really need to not mind people in your personal space if you are catching a bus straight after the fireworks as they will be rammed 

Disney transport is a great way to cool off as they normally have the air conditioning sub freezing, which is all well and good unless you have just got drenched either on a water ride or in a storm when some heating really couldn't go a miss

My final thought about buses at Disney, you are at the end of the day heading back to your hotel; you board your complimentary motor coach (I speak the lingo me!!) and settle down for the journey. The lovely driver turns the lights off so all you really see are lots of light up toys/ souvenirs and you begin to chill out ready for bed; so can someone explain why just as you pull up at the resort they turn the lights up and wake everyone up again? (Apart from the obvious that you wouldn't be able to see to get off that is)

Oh well, I'm off - sorry no pictures this week xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment