Monday 31 March 2014

Do you remember the time?

I apologise for the lateness of this blog but it appeared life was conspiring against me, well more to the point time.....how can one hour make such a difference to how you feel? I mean which idiot decided it was a good idea to change the clocks twice a year, I struggle to know what time it is at the best of times without added complications!

So anyway, as you can gather yesterday was the start of British Summertime when we all lose an hours sleep, this seems to confuse more than just me as some daft person on the radio said that because the clocks have changed the weather is suddenly going to get better (I think she is confused because it has the word summer in it?!?!)
And can someone please explain why the clocks changing doesn't happen on the same date all over the world, in the US the clocks went forward on March 9th and don't go back until a week after ours; which has confused me no end. We will be here for the clocks going back and then we will do it all over again a week later; even though sometime has tried to explain it to me I still can't get my head round what the time difference will be for the first few days we are there......

It was also Mothers Day in the UK, my card for my mum was as sentimental as always - not really; I'm the daughter who always picks the humourous card and this year was no exception and included peas.....yep, you heard right peas anyway my mum liked it so all's good.

Which brings me onto my thought for the week, did you know that Mother's Day is not on the same date in the US as it is here? Nope neither did I until we made our first trip in May, this year its on May 11th in America; Mothers Day is a busy day in the parks but just due to its sheer size Epcot seems to deal with the crowds best; but if you want to have a table service meal its highly unlikely you will be able to get a walk up
There are loads of other holidays in the US which we don't celebrate (like thanksgiving) which can make a real difference to crowd levels so it could be worth checking the net to see if there are any whilst you are at the world; I've just taken my own advice and found that Veterans Day will happen whilst we are there. This is to recognise anyone who has served in the US military and is a federal holiday so schools will be closed which will lead to increased crowd levels in the parks

So being confused has actually helped me out as I will now factor this into our plans, maybe we might even have a non park day......now who am I kidding?

I'm off to look at my flight tracker app as my Emmie Lou is making her descent into Gatwick after spending the weekend in Spain; can't wait to hear all about it. Until next week xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment