Monday 14 July 2014

Customer service, I think not!

I have been with my mobile phone provider for years and although there have been a few ups and downs I haven't considered changing them so it can't be that bad that was until this week where they disappointed me

I love my Disney forums they are full of the most amazing people who share their highs, lows and advice freely with other like minded people ( yes, there can be disagreements but that's life) so I was really interested when people started posting about 3's feel at home plan.

I'm not sure if you remember last year where I ended up buying an old blackberry from eBay which I chucked a PAYG sim in so that I could text my mum & dad but it cost me to receive them (thank goodness most of the people I keep in touch with have an apple gadget or Facebook so my trusty iPod came in pretty handy)

So anyway back to 3's feel at home, basically you take your home plan with you so and don't pay costs when people contact you; yay! I pondered loads, do I buy a cheap unlocked phone and chuck the sim into that? The lovely guys in the 3 store instead of trying to sell me a phone said why don't you just yours unlocked and save yourself some money (wow, not the kind of service we are used to)

For the worrier in me this thought terrified me, but after reading loads of info it wasn't as terrifying as I thought and it wouldn't change anything on my phone apart from the network. So off I trot to vodafone, the easy part was putting in the request to get it unlocked but it was like twenty questions - why would you want to do that was one of them (umm, it's my phone what business is it of yours!)

All I had to do was wait for an email confirming it had been unlocked which I would receive within a week (which surprisingly they can refuse - how does that work when it's your phone and your paying for it?) . So a week later and no email so I popped into the store, amazingly vodafone had emailed the store back but failed to notify me and the girl in the shop couldn't have been more uninterested and I think she may even have said at least they've done it

So where did customer service go, apparently the same place as manners; all we need to do is be nice to people and it would make a whole load of difference! Anyway rant over. It's been a long day and all I want is my bed......until next week xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment