Monday 28 July 2014

We can fly......

Yesterday evening I settled down to take a major planning step - no I haven't paid the balance yet I think we have another week until that is due (but the worrier in me won't leave it that long) instead it was time to complete our ESTA's (which stands for Electronic system for travel authorisation) and if you don't have a US visa you have to apply for one of these before you travel

I know we don't go for a while but it's best to do them early because it's not a given that you will be approved straight away if at all (who knew this only confirms your eligibility to board a flight to the US and does not guarantee entry). As you have probably guessed by now I was slightly freaked out by doing this because although in the eyes of the law I am technically an adult this is one of those times when I could have done with my mum being there to do it for me.

So I sit down to complete 3 of them because apparently James' hands were broken and he couldn't do his own and nervously fill the forms in, checking and double checking and then just to be sure I checked again and then clicked the submit button. OH MY GOD - authorisation pending; what do you mean pending please don't do this to me.......

With my heart in my mouth I start to worry that even though I've checked it a few times that I've entered something wrong or my card payment hasn't gone through (don't forget they only cost $14 per person so if you go via a site that's more expensive they are a handling agent and you should search for the department of homeland security which is the correct one)

What to do, well I could have run round the living room screaming, start sobbing but no get me I decided to log in again and low and behold in a matter of no more than 5 minutes they had all been authorised - panic over.....so I could go back to stressing about something else

Last week I think I mentioned that I had fairy wings on my mind.....basically I have wanted a tattoo of fairy wings for a while (I can't grow my own so this was the only way) and I had finally found a good picture of Tinkerbells that I liked. So I bit the bullet and now have them on the inside of my right arm- in shades of pink and purple
So what was stressing me out about it, not the thought of a tattoo as I already have another 2; but more about what other people would think of me. What is that all about, why do we worry what other people think? I know I am exactly the same and am constantly judging people whether consciously or sub-consciously; but at then end of the day I am me and there is no changing me (many have tried and all failed)

As one of my favourite little people told me last year when we were talking about flying that Tinkerbell would be making sure I had a safe flight, now I have a set of my own wings we are good to go; bring it on (I am sure I won't be that brave on the day but it sounds good)

Until next week xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment