Monday 22 September 2014

A dream job........

The past few weeks have been pretty rough at work for one reason or another, to the point I have even told my boss that at times I am being pretty unproductive which is not like me......and that has given me plenty of time to day dream about what I could do instead of my current job

I would love to be able to make enough money from my bracelets to not have to do a real job but I would have to bead 24/7 - 365 days a year so that's not really a dream job; I thought if I could drive I would go and work at the Disney store and sing along to all of the songs all day every day....but I don't drive so that's not going to happen

But if there was a way I could teleport myself everyday there is nothing more that I would like to do than work at Disney World. I don't have high expectations; well much - I would love a 9-5 job in either the Emporium or the Main Street Confectionary (if such thing existed which I'm sure it doesn't becuae that would mean every one else would have to take the rubbish shifts)

I'm not disillusioned to think that you don't get difficult customers there just like you do in a supermarket but just to be a cast member would be a dream. Did you know that cast members at Disney are able to create magical moments for guests? There is no rhyme or reason to these taking place and no one should ever go with the expectation that you should expect to receive one of these (otherwise they wouldn't be magical and you could end up seriously disappointed)

It could be something as simple as being taken to the front of a ride queue, to receiving a free ice cream or being chosen to be in the parade; whatever they do it must be truly satisfying - just seeing a small gesture making someone's day.

But what can the average guest do to make their day? Being courteous goes a long way, listening to what they say and following safety instructions is good but top of the list must be recognising when they have done a good job and making sure this is highlighted.

What can you do - well you can go to guest relations and fill in a card, you can highlight it to a supervisor, give the cast member some kind of thank you card or just say thank you. Anyway enough talk about work, I'm off this week and have rebelled by putting my out of office on and leaving my work phone in the cupboard at work.

So, I am planning on sleeping a lot; making some jewellery and just generally doing not a lot - well maybe try and get the suitcase out of the cupboard and throw a few things in it.......

Until next week, and while we're on the subject of thanks - thank you for reading my random thoughts each week (that is if anyone apart from James is - who only reads it to see what I say about him) xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment