Monday 29 September 2014

Fear factor.......

Time is beginning to fly by and before I know it I will be able to say I go on holiday this month; which is both scary and exciting in equal amounts.....after all I've got to get on a plane (boo) but then I get to spend a couple of weeks with amazing people in my favourite place in the whole world (I can feel an I can't sleep I'm too excited moment coming on)

Yesterday evening I had a chat with a rep in Orlando and after booking our shopping trip (we go to Walmart, the outlet centre and then Florida Mall) she asked me if we were interested in attending any other Halloween events while we were there; we already have tickets for MNSSHP.......what about Universals Halloween Horror nights?

Well, it didn't take me more than a nanosecond to politely decline her offer - I am a scaredy cat and told her that I don't need to pay for the privilege of having the life scared out of me. After all the description says that the park comes alive with monsters, mutants and maniacs and is definitely not family or wimp friendly (and I'm happy to say im a wimp)

So what else is available if you don't want to attend a hard ticketed event - there is a family event at Seaworld; the Halloween Spooktacular and also Legolands Brick or Treat which includes the worlds biggest Lego Jack O'lantern

There's no denying that the Seaworld and Legoland events are more up my street than Universal but there's just no getting away from the fact that I am a Disney girl at heart and what they do appeals to me far more even though I have to pay to attend; at the end of the day it is all down to personal preference and I like my Halloween sugar coated

Or should that be clouded by extreme sugar intake? This year will be Emmie Lou's first experience of trick or treating and I think it would be an understatement to say she is excited at the prospect; I think if she had her way we would just do that all evening......but there is a fantastic parade to watch with the creepy grave diggers and some incredible fireworks too; plus seeing everyone's costumes as this is the only time of the year when people can get away with coming to the parks dressed as a Disney character (doesn't have to be Disney)

You really could spend the whole evening just people watching as they really do go all out with their costumes; some more appropriate than others (I never knew Snow White's top was so low cut!?!?!). Now me I have never been into fancy dress as I am not one who likes attention so the most I will probably do is put on a pair of cat ears and maybe draw whiskers on but never say never (depends what amazing stuff they have in Walmart)

With that I'm off to search their website.....until next week xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment