Monday 1 September 2014

And I thought I was mad......

I know what you are all thinking, yes you are mad Lisa why even mention it....but apparantly there some madder than me out there (hard to imagine but its true and all will be explained)

First things first, lets talk about the missing blog from last week; unfortunately due a heavy workload I have to admit that I wasnt in the mood to be all bright and cheery so thought I would save you all from my tales of woe and instead I had my own private pity party - but after a weekend off and finishing at a decent time today I'm back!

This past week has been huge in terms of holiday planning - firstly there was the mad dash to secure seats in the bubble (top deck of a 747) for our outbound flight; if you visit the dibb you will know all about dibbers row but basically this is the back row on the right hand side. Although I wasnt able to get those seats (must have missed them by seconds) I did manage to get the left hand side back row which means we can recline to our hearts content without irritating anyone.

And then there was the matter of checking in to the hotel....wait, what? I know, we don't go for a few weeks yet but Disney are all about planning and you can check in 60 days before your holiday plus make 2 room requests. You can pick from:

  • Ground floor
  • Second floor
  • Corner room
  • Close to transportation
These I would assume are resort specific, we didnt pick close to transportation as French Quarter only has 7 buildings so the maximum walk to get a bus is about 5 minutes (James says it takes longer but he must be dawdling as I know I am right)

But the biggest event of all was booking our Fastpasses; but not before I made a call to Disney to get my MDE (my disney experience) info correct so that I could book them for all 3 of us. The booking window for these opens at midnight in the US (5am here); I swore blind I wasnt going to be getting up at stupid o'clock to do these and we would get what we got - but it didn't quite work like that

My sleeping has been a bit off recently so I find myself laying awake at 5.15am arguing with myself in my head as to whether I should get up or not; I lasted until twenty five past and got up and signed in.

The process itself is pretty easy, you pick your day, your park and the 3 attractions and then website suggests a time. You then continue and you have the opportunity to modify the times - which I think I did for all of them as they didn't fit with how I know we tour the park.

But what was mad about it........the Frozen phenomenon; there is a meet and greet with Anna and Elsa and as I am sure I have mentioned this before that the queues for them have been madness and they even changed the way they opened the park to stop people from sprinting down Main Street to snag a place in line (I would love to have seen that). 

Out of curiousity I looked at Magic Kingdom for every day of our holiday and by the time I had logged on there were no Fastpasses left for the entire 2 weeks; there must have been hoards of people who got up at 5am just to book these spots - I know I was awake but its not like I had set an alarm or anything

I have one last thing to try and arrange now, which is a booking for Be Our Guest restuarant at lunchtime but at least that can be done anytime of day

Until next week xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment