Monday 6 October 2014

Was it you?......

Ok, who's going to own up......was it you who turned off the gorgeous weather we have been having? On Sunday I was in cropped trousers and flip flops (and no Emmie Lou my feet weren't cold) but today the proper trousers and real shoes have been dragged out. It's that proper miserable weather, you know windy and wet rain

I know all rain is wet but you know the type, that misty stuff that gets you soaked without you even realising it. But what does this have to do with my holiday planning.....it means I can start packing  because having a look at the 10 day forecast (not that we go in ten days) it doesn't look like it's going to get much better (boo!!!) but I have everything crossed that the weather in Orlando will be a bit warmer than it is here so the flip flops need to go in the case!

And this made me realise that I have never made a packing list; like ever! And maybe I should have done in previous years as I have gone without a brush (never good), adapter plugs, phone charging cables and I am sure there have been other things (but funnily enough I can't remember what they are!)

So what things will be going in my case/ carry on bag:
A colouring book - I'm not a good flyer so this chills me out (although I do get some strange looks)
A brush - I now have 1 that lives in my suitcase; I won't have that problem again
Travel sized toiletries - I have sensitive skin and I know what works for me so these are a must until we can pop to Walmart
Dry shampoo - my hair and the humidity are definitely not friends so to ensure I don't scare the locals this is on my must have list
Snacks for the plane - I'm a fussy eater and end up giving most of my meal to James so I take little things to keep me going (I get really hungry when I'm tired and travel day is way too long for my liking)

Hmmmm, I see one problem here I've mentioned shoes but what about clothes; oh the drama.......what clothes to take. In previous years I have kind of winged it and taken the bare minimum in the hope that I can pick up bits in Walmart but this year I think I am going to take things that I am totally comfortable in (there is nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable or self concious in what you are wearing)

Where as James will be throwing clothes into his suitcase 20 minutes before we leave home I think I am going to write a proper list -it's not like coordinating bags and shoes but that way I should remember everything (including my disney poncho which although it has come to Florida with us every year rarely makes its way out of the suitcase unless we are having a funny five minutes - and no Emmie Lou I have no intention of putting it on I HATE THEM!)

Oooh, the chilly weather has actually made me think of another packing error I made; one time we went late in the year and had amazing weather so I only brought or took warm weather clothes; what I failed to take into account was that we arrived back home in the morning and it was chilly....so there we were at Magic Kingdom on the last morning trying to find something to keep me warm on the plane (not doing that again) so have got my coming home outfit all sorted now

So with that thought I'm off to see what's still in my suitcase from last year......until next week xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment