Monday 6 October 2014

Counting down the days ......

We have been counting down to this holiday for what seems like forever and during that time it has been my happy thought; slowly but surely we have ticked the milestones off:

- ESTA's done
- Insurance done
- My Disney experience profile set up
- Double digit dance
- Balance paid

I honestly can't wait as I know it's going to be amazing but the pre holiday panic is starting to set in; what is that all about - for weeks well actually over a year now I have been wishing for the time to pass and now it feels like everything is totally out of control?

So what is this all about; could I really be suffering from too much planning - is there really such a thing; I mean what can be left to do:

- pre book our flight seats
- book our Fastpass+
- pack
- wait for the tickets
- pay for the night before hotel

Did I mention pack; I would say that is something I hate doing; no matter how many helpful lists I find on the internet I always end up not taking something I need or not planning for something (like sore feet - must make sure I pack my emergency flip flops this year)

And oh the dilemma fold or roll? Who the hell cares as long as my clothes arrive when I do the humidity in Florida will remove all the creases in a nano second. So when is too early to pack? Well because of the weather right now I actually need my summer clothes out now so I guess that's my packing plans for this weekend out of the window (only joking - well maybe but I can't get to the cases right now)

I am having to think about clothes for Florida now though, we are in the middle of summer but our shops are switching to autumn wear so if I don't think about it now I will be properly stuck but shopping here is no way as fun as shopping in Walmart so it feels like a chore.

But if there was one tip I have for packing it would be to mix things up a little; I don't mean mix your colours and styles but instead of each having our own case me and the bloke do a bit of a mix and match so that if god forbid one of the cases didn't turn up straight away at least we both have clothes to wear (I don't think my vest tops would suit him)

I'm off to check again if our due balance shows zero; because after all I always have to triple check everything - see you next week xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment