Sunday 16 June 2013

Oh I wish it could be Christmas every day.......

To most normal people this statement sounds particularily odd in the middle of June but is quite normal when you work in retail....I only wish it was christmas everyday if it meant I got paid for spending the day at home and could as normally happens eat anything I want with only the smallest amount of guilt.

So what does this have to do with me and for that matter holiday planning; I am in full on Christmas planning mode at work and have so many returns to do anyone would think it was just around the corner; trading hours, food ordering, christmas cards.....christmas party?

Well, christmas parties aren't really on my to do list but wouldn't it be fun if it was? But I really am thinking about Christmas parties right now; mainly because I have a dilemma - do we do Mickey's not so scary halloween party or Mickey's very merry christmas party or if I was really feeling rich both?

Why do I have this dilemma, well my lovely bosses at work have agreed to my holiday dates for next year so it is all systems go. We have booked to return to Port Orleans French Quarter for end of October beginning of November 2014 and even though our countdown may only have just ticked over into the 400's I am already in planning mode.

What is on my mind:

  • When do they first light the Castle Dream Lights (these weren't there the last time we went for Christmas)
  • What's the temperature going to be like (hoping for 80's)
  • What Emma will think of the resort and the dining plan (did I forget to mention Emmie Lou is coming with us and by staying in a moderate again we have got free QSDP - it was only £200 more each than Art of Animation which makes each day of the dining plan cost £14; bargain as you would never be able to get 2 meals a day and a snack for approx $20)
  • And the big one - if we have the chance do we do MNSSHP or MVMCP? 
We have done both (in seperate visits) and really enjoyed them; I think the Halloween parade really knocks spots off the Christmas one but the Christmas version of Wishes is better than Hallowishes. The cookies and hot chocolate at the xmas party are great but trick or treating at Halloween (its just treats at WDW) was fun and the amount of candy we got was just obscene...so what do I do?????

Strangely they have just been talking about the exact same thing on the episode of the Dibbcast I was listening to; I think they thought the Christmas party was the better of the 2.....I know to ensure fairness in my decision I am off to post a poll on the Dibb - may the best party win

And Emmie Lou; this is just for you............Squirrel. Until next time xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment