Sunday 30 June 2013

What's that smell?????

Today I have had a lovely chilled day at home, I've played Kingdom Hearts and loaded some new music onto my iPod so were now listening to the Main Street Welcome music.....it's funny how not only sounds but also smells can make you think of places.

I was reminded of this at work this week - I got given a new flavour tea bag by a friend who I was going to see so I had to try it before I saw her again; it sounded minging to be honest chamomile, maple and vanilla. I always think chamomile must be what it's like to brew some freshly cut grass but I thought what the hell and boiled the kettle.....

Well was I pleasantly surprised, it was actually really nice but more to the point it smelled like the Main Street Confectionary; you know what I mean that really sweet smell that hits you as soon as you walk in. Caused by lashings of melted chocolate, marshmallows, candy floss and a smattering of popcorn for good measure.....this is not the place for those watching the calories as I am sure you can put on a couple of pounds just by inhaling the fumes!

I was trying to explain about the smell of my tea reminding me of WDW to one of my work colleagues and they just looked at me like I'd grown another head; but I am sure that smelling different scents can evoke memories or is that just me?

Also this week I had the pleasure of spending some time with my favourite little people in the whole world, which really did make me think I a) need to grow up or b) need some serious therapy for my Disney addiction ( I know what you are thinking!)

Miss Freya and I had a very in depth conversation about princesses and that they are real; as real as fairies and she should know as she's four! She wanted to know who was my favourite princess, this might have been because I was taking great pleasure in completing her princess sticker book for her especially the rapunzal pages - so she decided it was her and she's right!!!!

Oh, I forgot to say I also blinged my flip flops today; its probably a good idea I am not left on my own too often otherwise I would bling any and everything......

Til next time xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment