Sunday 9 June 2013

Once in a lifetime.......hmmmm

I have heard that a holiday to Walt Disney World is a once in a lifetime experience......and I guess the first time I went I believed that to be the case. Little did I know that WDW would become my happy place and it would never be a one time only thing - I am sure my bank balance wishes it was as if I began to add up the amount of money I have spent it would be truly jaw dropping; but as we only get one chance to enjoy life what the hell!

There are loads of other things that I wish I had known the first time we were looking to go, like either staying on site or driving is the best option for me and James as we found the shuttle buses to restrictive....but what has this got to do with anything; well we are currently researching next years holiday...

I know that we always come back and joke that we need to book up for next year but it looks like it just might happen; of course I need to agree the time off with my bosses before we hand over any of our hard earned pennies. This week we went to Bluewater and whilst there we visited the new Virgin Holidays store; it made such a nice change to be able to talk to someone face to face and even better that they also have the Disney bug.

We have gone back and forwards with quotes and have finally come to something close to what I was expecting....so you never know we might be back at Port Orleans next year (I have everything crossed that my bosses say yes). The best thing about it, I will have a fellow planner in my sister Emma - which is a huge bonus although I have a feeling when I ask what she wants to do her answer will be everything......I can't blame her though she hasn't been in a few years

I am already sitting here contemplating what I want to do.....maybe a spreadsheet might be in order; that is a joke I am a kind of rough plan girl as you never know what can happen from day to day or how you will feel; like this year when we planned to go to Magic and right up until we got to the bus stop that was what we were going to do but ended up at Epcot instead - thats just how I roll

I'm off to pray to the holiday gods, til next week xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment