Sunday 23 February 2014

I feel a song coming on.......

Does anyone want to join me in a song? What shall we sing......well I was thinking about I get so emotional by Whitney Houston; now I can just imagine the faces you are all pulling right now but I promise I'm not actually going to post some dodgy video of me singing it on you tube but the song sums up my thoughts on Disney this week

I am definitely in that I can't wait to go back mood, so maybe it was wrong....no foolish to sit and read a book about someone going to work at Disney and their first experience of Wishes whilst in the canteen at work.....I could feel myself welling up; so after a quick look around to make sure no one had seen me I closed my book and started to ponder....
What brings the lump to my throat or the tear to my eye, and what exactly is it that causes it; that is a whole let of questions for my little brain but I was up for the challenge as it meant I had a little light relief from thinking about work

So let's start with the what which could be an endless list but there are 3 that come to mind straight away Wishes, Finding Nemo the musical (I thought that was a bit weird but having read some threads on the net this week I have discovered I am not the only one) and the final one is my favourite scene in Philharmagic

The more difficult question to ask is what is it about them that have this effect and after much thought I have come up with no good explanation what so ever......it's just magic and I love it. Actually maybe that's why we keep going back, it's not what we do but how I feel - get me getting all philosophical

On top of the personal favourites there are also the random things that happen while you are there that although they don't happen to you make you smile; like watching Mickey and Minnie interacting
with a little girl with special needs - it was as if no one else was there and properly made her day or the mom being reunited with her daughter who was in the military

So what is the purpose of this blog you may ask? Unless you have a heart made of granite don't expect to not be at least a little bit moved by Disney. It will sneak up on you when you least expect it; actually it might not even happen while you are there but maybe when you are sitting minding your own business, something someone says, something you may read, or something you see may remind you of "this one time at Disney World" and you will find yourself smiling

I'm off to find a video of Wishes and go to my happy place now where did I put that tissue; until next week xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment