Sunday 2 March 2014

I'm hungry......

Can someone please explain to me why it is that when you decide to follow a healthy eating plan all you can do is think of food? I have had my dinner and pudding (fat free yoghurt and jelly - not exactly a nice slice of key lime pie or a profiteroles dessert but beggars can't be choosers)

As you are probably aware I am not exactly waif like ( actually I am far from waif like but I have curves which I guess is a plus point) and I have decided that its time for a change; it's not like I have been eating badly but I am definitely making more of an effort.

Now if only I could get my behind in gear and do some exercise, there is just one little problem which is my injured shoulder after a little disagreement with a door towards the end of last year, we do have a cross trainer in our living room but it not easy to do one handed.

And probably not making things easier is the Disney food blog email which drops into my inbox each day filled with pictures of the most mouthwatering items like frozen cheesecake on a stick (who thinks up this kind of stuff?) which brings me back to thinking about all of the yummy food I am going to eat on holiday and then I'm hungry again

At Disney there are so many dining options available; snacks, counter service or table service - plus there are all of the dining plans as well which gives you a set amount of meals per day (there is much debate as to the value for money of the plans but the convenience of it can't be argued)

And just to make things more complicated Disney throw in ADR's ( advance dining reservations for table service restaurants) which can be made up to 180 days in advance of your trip

Previously we have always paid for our meals out of pocket but a couple of years ago we got a great offer on Port Orleans which included free quick service dining; this worked perfectly for us as we don't like to plan too much. If we had the full dining plan we would need to figure out our restaurant choices in advance which is just way too regimented for us.

I was a bit worried about the QSDP as I had this vision of eating nothing but burger and chips for 2 weeks but we had some fantastic meals including Japanese, great sandwiches, roast dinner and pasta and look at this little beauty

Each day you get a number of credits - qs is 1 snack and then 2 meals which includes a drink and a dessert although there are opportunities to swap things out (you can use your credits how you like you just get a set number for each day of your stay at a Disney property)

I have just realised that even though I have just spent the last few minutes writing about food I'm not really hungry anymore - go figure!!!

Until next week xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment