Sunday 16 March 2014

I little bit of colour can make all the difference.....

I have been waiting patiently for a day just like today, the sun was shining and even though it's only spring sun it was warm enough for me to dig out my flip flops; but as any girl knows it's not that simple - we have to file, moisurise and paint our toe nails

So, I spend 5 minutes running around the house this morning looking for my nail varnish as I had put it in a safe place (you know the type of place, so safe you can't find it!!!). But after a flash of inspiration the crisis was over as I laid my hands on a gorgeous bottle of dark purple nail polish
And it was then I realised I really am a Disney addict, I mean I knew it anyway but as I painted I noticed my toe nails were a lovely shade of Malificent purple; on top of that I have Tinkerbell on my necklace, my watch is Disney and I normally have a Disney charm on my bracelet

I'm not saying that everyone needs a little bit of Disney in their life but at WDW you would be hard pressed not to find the perfect gift for your nearest and dearest. Of course the theme parks have their stores but a great place to do shopping is Downtown Disney - soon to be Disney Springs and home to World of Disney the biggest store at WDW

DTD is a mix of shops and restaurants, not all owned by Disney or selling Disney products there are the quirky stores like Little Miss Matched where you buy packs of 3 non matching socks (saves the hassle of never being able to find a matching pair - or does the sock fairy just visit me and pinch my socks?)

Or you have Once Upon a Toy which would be a kids idea of heaven; it is a store full of.....well toys including the option to create your own Mr Potato Head (you buy a box and basically fill it with as much as you can; the box just has to close - a great tip is put some of the smaller peices like eyes inside the body

You can create your own t-shirt, have a Christmas decoration personalised, buy left handed products, a multitude of fridge magnets or get some free chocolate from Gihardelli; that is some good chocolate and even better when it's free.
Speaking of food a great place to eat is Earl of Sandwich for a quick meal (don't be put off by the queue it moves pretty quickly) but there are plants of other choices to.And if you aren't interested in shopping you could always take in a film, go bowling, take in Cirque to Soleil or play some video games at Disney Quest; so if need a break from the parks why not visit DTD

2 things to add right now DTD is going through some improvement works so you may find some closures or building work going on and secondly if it rains for a prolonged period of time This area seems to draw people to it so it maybe a little busier

Until next week xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment