Monday 24 March 2014

Oh what a picture....

Have you all had a good week? Mine was a bit stressful as I was put in charge of putting together a leaving present from the region I work on to be given to our CEO who is leaving later this year. Now I am a person who loves making things I knit, crochet, sew, make jewellery and bling things with my fab hotfix crystal gadget but this is normally for my own pleasure and that's where my OCD went into over drive

I had to make sure the pictures that had been sent in by all of the stores were in alphabetical order, that they were straight and exactly the same distance apart and were fixed onto the backing within an inch of their lives and therefore wouldn't move. Thankfully when my bosses and the zone managers saw it and they were happy so alls well
But whilst I was creating this masterpiece I did something I haven't done in ages and went and printed some photos, we live in such a digital age where we have instant access to our pictures on our phones, iPads and digital cameras that we don't bother printing them

And on top of that with the increased forms of social media and instant messaging everything happens in an instant and can be beamed around the world; there's nothing to make you want your holiday countdown to go quicker than seeing your friends posting pictures from their holidays

There are some amazing picture opportunitys at WDW, obviously there are the character pictures (even I will queue to meet Mickey or Tinkerbell) but there are also what Disney call their magic shots.

These are available in all 4 theme parks but from what I can remember the one at Epcot doesn't include characters instead the photo pass photographer will try and position you in such a way that it looks like you are holding up Spaceship Earth (or the giant golf ball as it's otherwise known)

So what exactly is a magic shot and more to the point what is a photopass photographer (or maybe that's now changed to memory maker???). Around the parks in key locations including all character meet and greets will be Disney photographers who will take pictures of you which you can then buy/ download/ get on a disc or made into a book or some other type of souvenir ( they will also take pictures with your camera if you ask) but the magic shots are official shots so have to be purchased

A magic shot is a picture where you are asked to create a specific pose and then during processing Disney will insert a special bit of magic into the photo, they are very clever and a great souvenir; last year we were offered a new one which I hadn't heard of before - we were between Caseys at the top of Main Street and the Crystal Palace restaurant with the castle as the backdrop and in the photo I was trying to find my Prince Charming...........my little piece of magic was small and green and I had to kiss him

On that note I'm off to see what my Prince Charming is up to.....until next week xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment