Sunday 9 March 2014

Isn't the internet a wonderful thing....

I often think that the internet has made it a really small world (I'm going to have that song in my brain for hours now, you know the one; go on admit it you're singing it to now!!!) and it's a place where everyone can post what they are thinking just like I am now.

To think that you can see what people on the other side of the world are doing as it's happening is pretty special and this Sunday evening was a perfect time to do just that.....today Disney debuted their new Festival of Fantasy parade (that's the 3 o'clock parade just in case you were wondering).

And thanks to the trusty Dis Unplugged I got to watch it live via Livestream....it looked a beautiful day in Orlando and although I couldn't be there to see it in person this was the next best thing. They streamed from the Main Street Railroad platform which is a fantastic viewing spot for any parade as it's shaded but you have to be prepared to stake out your spot hours in advance.

The new parade floats looked incredible and will probably be even better up close, I am not sure what I am more excited to see - the Tinkerbell float or the Malificent one.....I saw a you tube video of it arriving at Magic Kingdom at night but that didn't give anything away; to see it in action all I can say is WOW!!!! (I know this is very irrational but for those of you who have read the Kingdom Keepers series of books will completely understand where I am coming from but Malificent in her human form freaks me out!)
So with everything if there is a good side to the internet there must be a bad right? I have already bored Emmie Lou and James with this story but there is a lady who has posted a complaint all over the internet about her unmagical trip to Magic Kingdom.....I don't mean to sound disrespectful but I was rolling my eyes as I read it and was nearly shouting at my ipad that she would have had a much better time if she had planned and not acted like she was the only person visiting that day (but then I would have looked a bit odd; well only a little more than usual)

I'm not saying she shouldn't have complained because everyone has the right to but she should have at least engaged her brain before she pressed the submit button, I'm sure there are times when you may wonder if I have done this but with my OCD you can be sure I have checked, rechecked and then checked again just to be sure that I am not posting drivel....ok maybe a little but that's allowed right?

So for those who are going soon have a safe flight, I hope you grab a fantastic spot (we like Main Street) and enjoy WDW's new parade; I am counting down the days until we are there

Until next week xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment