Monday 23 June 2014

Are you serious?.....

Talking to my boss today about holidays and she said she is off to Florida next year and told me which weeks so that I didn't book my holiday for the same time and then the unexpected came out of my mouth.....I'm not sure we will be going next year

Oh my goodness, even I was stunned it came out of my mouth but I have to face facts and think unless I win the lottery or work everyday for the rest of the year I don't think I will be able to afford it.

So the question has to be asked why did I find myself ordering the 2015 brochure even though I know it's just another way to torture myself about not being there. You see in just about every element of my life there is a little bit of Disney, whether it's planning a trip, my jewellery, my stationary, clothes and so the list goes on

I asked James if he could imagine how different our lives would be if we hadn't made our first trip to Florida back in 1998; my first thought was maybe we would be a little saner (that's doubtful). But I have come to the conclusion that they must put something in the water because it's completely addictive.

I love reading peoples posts on the forums saying that they are planning the trip of a lifetime not knowing that they may become one of those people that just click with Disney and find it to be like a magnet drawing them back year after year (I sometimes think I hear it calling me but I have been assured they are just voices in my head and I'm a little strange)

So, aside from selling an organ or putting James up for auction on eBay how could I save enough pennies to do Disney every year? Our work does a share save scheme which you can pay money into monthly and then either take cash or shares at the end of it and I have found this is a good way to save.

But I guess it would just need to be discipline, every month instead of treating myself I should be saving - I could put some stuff that has been sitting in the cupboard and not seen the light of day forever up for auction because if I haven't needed it by now, chances are I don't need it

I've read people giving up a luxury, like a daily trip to Starbucks and saving that money but for me that would be no citrus coke and we all know that's not going to happen.....so I am going to have to think on this one; because to me a year without Disney is like Wimbledon with no strawberries
I'm off to investigate the cupboard.....fingers crossed I make it out by next week xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment