Monday 16 June 2014

Love it or hate it.......

Disney have been saying that it's a small world for over 50 years (a fifteen minute ride listening to that is enough to give me nightmares let alone 50 years) but it's one filled with lots of different kinds of people with different opinions

This was evident in our house this weekend when I told James the rumour that Disney might be closing the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular (yay!!!!!); they have already announced that American Idol Experience is closing in January 2015 and Indy is also slated to close.

Now I am not sad to see it go as I've seen it once (maybe twice) and that's enough for me but James loves it and will go and see it each time we go so he was a bit sad..... what I didn't tell him was the rumour that they might be replacing it with a Star Wars themed area otherwise he might just go and start the demolition himself.

Star Wars should hold a special place in my heart as it was during a screening of the Empire Strikes Back that James proposed (trust me not my choice of film but I was being the supportive girlfriend and it wasn't a proposal per say but more of an agreement that we were getting married) but anyway even after that the only thing that I find mildly interesting about the whole thing is the Ewoks - which are pretty cute

Personally I think they should take a bulldozer to both Indiana Jones and Lights, Motors, Action but sadly the powers that be don't seem to be listening; I am sure that with the creative team they have at Disney they could find something way more interesting to do with the space

Hollywood Studios has never been a full day park for me, I love Toy Story Midway Mania (but think the standby queue is just ridiculous), Walt One Man's Dream, The Art of Disney Animation and Fantasmic are all amazing. And if you fancy getting a little wet The Little Mermaid show is quite cute (great on a hot day but very unexpected)  but apart from that I could really give it a miss

Although I am sure if you asked James he would find loads to do, which gives me plenty of time to chill out with a cold drink somewhere nice and air conditioned while he goes off and does his thing. So maybe a difference of opinion is a good thing every now and then......

Sorry so short this week, it's only Monday and I feel I have done a full weeks work so it's off to bed for me; until next week xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment