Monday 9 June 2014

Umbrella's at the ready.........

It would appear that British summertime has finally made an appearance which invariably means a day of sun and then a day of showers; as most of my family know I hate getting wet so the thought of walking home in the rain isn't filling me with joy.

So why is it different on holiday? No, I don't like wearing a poncho (to be honest I don't think they have actually come out of our case in a couple of years) so an umbrella is always a good thing - but then again I don't like carrying it around just on the off chance so what is the answer? (Apart from James carrying it and I'm sure I can imagine what he would say if I asked him)

The good thing about WDW is there is always something to do if you are not one of those people who will head to the park whatever the weather. One thing to remember is how quickly the weather can change, the normal summer afternoon shower will probably only last for about half an hour (I say probably because we all know the weather does it's own thing)
These photo's were taken 5 minutes apart in Magic Kingdom

What are your options.....as I said you could head for the parks anyway (or stay if you are already there) as this can sometimes lead to shorter queues, you can use the time to take in an indoor attraction or just take a few minutes to relax

But if that's not your thing what else is there to do.....explore a resort, catch a film, go bowling, or shopping at DTD ( you just need to think that a whole lot of other people maybe planning the same thing so it could be busier than you expect)

In all of the times we have been going rain has only made us leave a park twice, once the first time we took Emmie Lou and when we went to Seaworld there was the most horrendous storm (trees down, signs blown over, people being urged to seek shelter and ankle deep rain - and of course I had to be wearing a pale coloured top!!!)
A rainy day at Epcot

The other time was when we were waiting patiently for Wishes and the first bars of the music began  and it started raining lightly, but less than 30 seconds later it was like someone had turned a bucket upside down. Now I love Wishes, to me it is simply magical but even I was not going to stand out in that rain to watch and the rest of Magic Kingdom felt the same - no one left the park but just about every inch of covered space was full

We all have expectations of having great weather while we are on holiday, but you just need to be mindful that sometimes Mother Nature does like to throw a spanner in the works - but if as Crush would say " you go with the flow" you will have an amazing time whatever happens

xxxx










No comments:

Post a Comment